Here at Time Dental not only do we want you to keep your mouth healthy but we also want to help you keep your teeth white.
Why have whiter teeth?
Having a whiter smile helps boost your confidence. It helps not only in social settings but also when having important work presentations, job interviews and big events such as weddings. Smiling releases a chemical called endorphins and serotonin which make you feel good. It also makes you more approachable and interactions with others is easier and more enjoyable.
We’ve got some top tips for you to keep your teeth white. So try them out and see how you get on.
Time Dental top tips:
- Brush your teeth properly twice a day. This may seem like an obvious one but we see many patients who wonder why their teeth are discoloured. On inspection they are only brushing once a day. When they are brushing they are missing out parts of the teeth that have accumulated plaque and tartar.
- Rinse your mouth with water after having drinks like tea, coffee, red wine, herbal teas, turmeric and water.
- Use a straw when drinking any drinks with a fizz or citrus juices. Drinks with fizz have carbonic acid in which can erode your teeth and make them look darker, as can citrus drinks such as smoothies, orange juice, grapefruits, hot water and lemon as well as apple juice.
- Rinse your mouth with water when eating strong coloured foods such as beetroot, berries, and curries.
- Use whitening tooth paste only once a week. They help to remove surface staining but make sure you do NOT use it every day as they can be abrasive and over time actually darken your teeth as the enamel can be worn away.
- Visit your dentist and hygienist as required. They can spot dental disease before you can and give you the appropriate advice as well as give you a nice sparkle polish after your hygienist appointments.
- Professional teeth whitening can help you freshen and brighten your smile. Safe an east to do.