A client came to see us to see if she could improve her smile. She was unhappy with the overlapping top and bottom front teeth, and she had become very conscious of it. She was aware that porcelain veneers were a very good option in straightening her teeth but prefered not have her teeth reshaped and she was not keen on having visible train-track braces to move her teeth.
Another alternative to train-track braces is the Invisalign clear aligner sysytem. These use virutally invisble clear aligners to move the teeth incrementally into the right position. The advantages of Invisalign are:
- allows you to eat whatever food you like
- the aligners are removable at anytime
- virtually invisible teeth-straightening
- allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for optimium gum health
- aligners are smooth unlike brackets that can catch and irritate the cheek
- very short visits only required every 6 weeks
The first step is to take impressions of the teeth. These are sent to the lab in the US where they use advanced technology to provide a virtual simulation of how your teeth will move and the number of aligners required.
Once the aligners are made the first set are fitted by your Invisalign certified dentist and review appointments are made every 6 weeks to give you your new 3 sets. The aligners are changed every 2 weeks and you’re on your way to a straighter teeth and greater confidence without anyone knowing!